Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
"Michael Scully"

Default SAMBA and Vista

Greetings:

I have a site with RHEL4 and all Windows XP desktops. But as
a new PC was purchased for the system there, it came with Vista. The
machine it replaced had a shared printer that I used as a destination for
CUPS, through SAMBA.

If I try to interrogate the machine with "smbclient -L
machinename", I get the following response:

Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Anonymous login successful

Domain=[MPI] OS=[Windows Vista (TM) Business 6001 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Window

s Vista (TM) Business 6.0]

I don't have troubles with any of the other desktops on XP.
After some struggling, the user got all the firewall and security settings
to the point where other Windows desktops can finally see his shared
resources. I just can see it from the host.

Are there updates to SAMBA I need to handle Vista
workstations?

Scully

Old 01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
"Scott Ruckh"

This is what you said Michael Scully
> Greetings:
>
> Are there updates to SAMBA I need to handle Vista
> workstations?

What are your values in the [global] section of your smb.conf file for the
following key/value pairs?

client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
client lanman auth = No
client plaintext auth = No

The settings above are used successfully with Vista clients.