Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default linker, rechter

Where commit c501b339a2a2d4f5f732655dde7eddc41c030ad7 tried to correct
the location of the linker library in the boot image, but it only
checked for ld-linux.so.2, not ld-linux-x86_64.so.2

with this patch, I try to fix that by testing if there is such a thing
as ld-linux.so.2 or ld-linux-x86_64.so.2 in $LIBDIR, and then only
continuing if both of these are not links (to what is now ld-2.9.so)
already.

Needless to say, these checks get executed for every instbin() call, so
like a thousand times, and the next logical step would be to make that
happen only once or twice.

The problem I encountered was that ld-linux.so.2 turned out to be linked
to ld-linux.so.2 itself. The check on whether ld-linux.so.2 is already a
symlink fixes that problem, but the problem didn't arise on x86_64 to
being with (since there is no ld-linux.so.2 in /lib64/).

These are the only two arches I've been able to fix this for, but I can
say that ppc/ppc64 does not have /lib{,64}/ld-linux*.so* files to begin
with.

(I should note that removing the patch in commit
c501b339a2a2d4f5f732655dde7eddc41c030ad7 also solved my original problem)

Also available as commit ce4eb694f2dee9701005ccee9edfb66358aa8c81 from
remote git://git.kanarip.com/anaconda

Please apply to master and f10-branch, if applied at all.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip