-   -   Speaking of VMware... (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/236043-speaking-vmware.html)

01-28-2009 06:32 PM

Speaking of VMware...

We're looking at a way to back up a "host" of VMware (ESXi). The systems are built using a generic install on a flash drive, and should the flash drive get toasted, we want a backup.

What I'm sort of thinking of is a generic install onto the flash drive, then overwrite /etc. Would that do it, or would I need other pieces, like /bootbank?

We're looking for the simplest answer....

mark