Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
"Walters, Mark"

Default How to create a rescue-only environment?

My company supports many licensed RHEL 3,4 and 5 servers throughout the
US. Occasionally a server becomes corrupted and I need to perform some
basic fixes to grub, lilo, fstab, inittab or maybe just an fsck from
rescue mode.

I have looked at a number of publicly available livecd's and rescue cd's
but they are typically 300-700 meg and I'd prefer to use signed rpm's
and source files. I'd like to make my own to keep it as small possible.

Any Tips?

Mark Walters

Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues