Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Rohit khaladkar

Default Backup and restore of RHEL 4.5

Hi!I have a server on which RHEL 4.5 is installed.Can you please let me know
if there is a particular way where I can take full backup of the OS and
restore it back on some other server, or the same server.

Thanks!
Rohit Khaladkar

Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Hi Rohit,

I think partimage can help you out. Have a look to this howto:

http://orgs.man.ac.uk/documentation/partimage/index-1.html

Otherwise, some more instructions:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-disaster-rhlspec.html

Hope this helps!

kind regards,

Kim DS.

Rohit khaladkar <rohit.khaladkar@gmail.com>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces@redhat.com
01/22/2009 01:16 PM
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>

General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Backup and restore of RHEL 4.5

Hi!I have a server on which RHEL 4.5 is installed.Can you please let me
know
if there is a particular way where I can take full backup of the OS and
restore it back on some other server, or the same server.

Thanks!
Rohit Khaladkar

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged. Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege. If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message. Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender. Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com

Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Paul Malinowski

Hi Rohit,

There is number of options. I really depends on your requirements, but I suggest looking at an amanda, dump and perhaps LVM2 snapshots.

Paul Preston

________________________________

Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Rohit khaladkar

Thanks a lot! This helps!
The requirement that I have is I would be upgrading the server from Red Hat
4.5 to Redhat 5.2.
But if something goes wrong , I need to have a backup plan to restore
everything back.

Please let me know if anyone thinks, there would a better way out after
looking at the requirements.

Thanks a lot!

Rohit Khaladkar

Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Anton Hofmann

Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Anton Hofmann

Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
"Johan Booysen"

I've heard that http://www.mondorescue.org/about.shtml is worth having a
look at, but haven't tried it myself yet.