Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Giuseppe Fuggiano

Default DNS Communication

Hi all.

Given two DNS servers, one master and one slave, I'd like to
understand what exactly happens when I update the database of the
first one.

What I know is that the first one, if properly configured, sends a
NOTIFY message to its slave and the slave replies. What happens then?
How the slave update its database?

Good links are also welcome. Thanks.

--
Giuseppe Fuggiano