Old 01-16-2009, 04:10 AM
"Rohit khaladkar"

Default Error in Kickstart.

Hi!I was trying to load RHEL 5.2 using a iso image created on a DVD. But
when the kickstart is started it gived me the following message. Just wanted
to know if anyone had faced a similar problem and was aware of the
solution.

Error Message : Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a
missing repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has
been correctly generated. Cannot retrieve repository metadata(repomd.xml)
for repository: anaconda-base-200804301923.x86_64.
please verify it's path and try again.

Thanks!
Rohit Khaladkar

Old 01-16-2009, 02:26 PM
"Ezra Taylor"

Rohit:
How did you setup your kickstart environment? You should copy the
contents of your Redhat disks to a directory.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Rohit khaladkar <rohit.khaladkar@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi!I was trying to load RHEL 5.2 using a iso image created on a DVD. But
> when the kickstart is started it gived me the following message. Just
> wanted
> to know if anyone had faced a similar problem and was aware of the
> solution.
>

> Error Message : Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a
> missing repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has
> been correctly generated. Cannot retrieve repository metadata(repomd.xml)
> for repository: anaconda-base-200804301923.x86_64.
> please verify it's path and try again.
>

> Thanks!
> Rohit Khaladkar

Ezra Taylor