Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Default ntp.conf question

Well, I'm configuring ntp on CentOS 5.2 The stock ntp.conf includes this line:
restrict -6 default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery

All the other options are ok, but what on *earth* is the -6?

mark

Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM
David Mahn

The -6 qualifier forces DNS resolution to the IPv6 namespace.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Dave,

>Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:57:41 -0700
>From: David Mahn <david.mahn@gmail.com>
>
>The -6 qualifier forces DNS resolution to the IPv6 namespace.

Ah - I was wondering if that was it. Thanks. I suppose someone ought to submit a bug note on the man page....

mark "one of these days"