-   -   RHCE/RHCT Study Prep (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/217909-rhce-rhct-study-prep.html)

Jason Riker 12-24-2008 11:47 PM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

Group,

All this talk about VMWare has made me think about studying for the
RHCE/T. I have one box that I can use and have heard that I'll need two
or three to make a go of the studying. So, given that I would like
three instances running on one box (Xeon with 1G ram) which would best
suit my needs?

Thanks.

Jason

Jason Riker 12-25-2008 01:02 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 16:47 -0800, Jason Riker wrote:
> Group,
>
> All this talk about VMWare has made me think about studying for the
> RHCE/T. I have one box that I can use and have heard that I'll need two
> or three to make a go of the studying. So, given that I would like
> three instances running on one box (Xeon with 1G ram) which would best
> suit my needs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason

OK, so it's probably lame to respond to your own post, but am I really
the only one thinking about the RHCE/T right now and wondering how best
to setup a test environment?

Jason

Barry Brimer 12-25-2008 01:46 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

All this talk about VMWare has made me think about studying for the
RHCE/T. I have one box that I can use and have heard that I'll need two
or three to make a go of the studying. So, given that I would like
three instances running on one box (Xeon with 1G ram) which would best
suit my needs?

Thanks.

Jason

OK, so it's probably lame to respond to your own post, but am I really
the only one thinking about the RHCE/T right now and wondering how best
to setup a test environment?

I would install CentOS 5 or RHEL 5 either on virtual or physical hardware
and make sure you know the material on the RHCE study guide at
<http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/prep_guide/> inside out.

Barry

"Paul Whitney" 12-25-2008 01:48 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

No not at all using "virtual machines" will provide you with the number of systems you need to setup your environment. It does help to have a dual core processor with at least 4 GB RAM. All of the vm's should run well.

I have had two instances of RHEL 5 and W2K3 running at all at the same time with little to no performance drag.

"Shankar Jha" 12-25-2008 02:45 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

I think you can use vmware or xen virtaul PC to complete your study.
I am using xen(by default in linux cd) for my RHCSS preparation and
completed 333 module.

But take care of yum when using xen cause on single drive, using yum
you can't install virtual system and I suggest to use 2 gb of RAM. For
this copy the complete cd in /var/ftp/pub/ and proceed...

For more information just scrap....

:)

"Ben Kevan" 12-25-2008 02:49 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep

Real world experience. Learn it at home and you can talk about it with
confidence at an interview :).

On 12/24/08, Paul Whitney <paul.whitney@mac.com> wrote:
> No not at all using "virtual machines" will provide you with the number of
> systems you need to setup your environment. It does help to have a dual core
> processor with at least 4 GB RAM. All of the vm's should run well.
>
> I have had two instances of RHEL 5 and W2K3 running at all at the same time
> with little to no performance drag.

Sent from my mobile device

"Joy Methew" 12-25-2008 07:22 AM

RHCE/RHCT Study Prep