Old 12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Joey Prestia

Default Kernel update for RHEL 5

Old 12-24-2008, 05:11 PM
"Ben Kevan"

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:17:52 -0800, Bledsoe, Howard W CIV CNRNW, N632WI <howard.bledsoe@navy.mil> wrote:

All:

How can I update the kernel for my RHEL 5 systems? I am not
permitted to connect them to the Internet, but may download files and
burn them to CD. Since I will not be doing development work, should I
download all 14 or 15 files?

Is this procedure documented somewhere? Can anyone recommend a
book?

R, Howard

IT Functionary, Navy Region Northwest
360-257-5673, DSN 820-5673, Fax 257-5315
howard.bledsoe@navy(.smil).mil, howard.bledsoe@nrnic.ic.gov

My question is "is the kernel update required".

If no, then why are you doing it?

--
Ben Kevan
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may. - Fight Club