-   -   Solaris Commands on Linux (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/213428-solaris-commands-linux.html)

12-17-2008 10:39 AM

Solaris Commands on Linux

Hi Venkata Vuppala,

i think, the (free) Book "Solaris to Linux Migration"
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247186.pdf helps :-)

Cu Markus

Yong Huang 12-17-2008 04:14 PM

Solaris Commands on Linux

What commands do you need? It's better to evaluate individual Solaris commands and find their Linux counterparts.

In the mean time, check out http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

Yong Huang

Venkata Vuppala 01-02-2009 10:45 AM

Solaris Commands on Linux

Hi Yong,

Thanks for replying.
I am able to sort the equivalent commands with little hickups.

Cheers,
Venkata