Old 12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
"danish inamdar"

Default How can I recover Linux boot loader

Hello All,

I have duel boot system Xp/Linux Suddenly my windows Xp has been
corrupted when i Reinstall Xp Linux grub boot loader it will be vanished
so how can i recover my Linux grub loader. please help me.

Regards,
Danish Inamdar

Old 12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
"Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues"

boot with a live cd and..

grub-install --recheck --root-directory=/mnt/device /dev/device

[]s
Marcos

Old 12-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Anindya Banerjee

It is very simple..
It has 3 steeps ..
1> Boot the 1st disk and when installation prompt is come then type "linux rescue"
2> then prompt come type the command "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
3> then finally install the grub boot loader "grub-install /dev/hda-or-sda" (depends on your hdd architecture)*