Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
"Blackburn, Marvin"

Default fuser problem

I have an issue where fuser doesn't report open files.

I can be in a directory /home/me and open a file in a filesystem /data,
i.e.

vi /data/mytext.txt

ps will show the process but fuser will not report any open files.

If I cd into /data and open the file, it does report it.

if I am in /data I cannot umount it

however

if I'm in /home/me and have the file in /data open, it will let me
umount

I typically use fuser /data

but I have used fuser -k /data and fuser -km /data but get the same
issue.

/data is a emc clariion based filesystem but we mount it with the
_netdev option.

I need to be able to kill processes with open files in a filesytem when
doing some database refresh type of activities.