Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
John Horne

Default Prelink dependency cycle

Hello,

Prelink is giving me the following error:

sudo /usr/sbin/prelink /usr/bin/less
/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3 has dependency cycle

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I will continue to look on the
'net, but I have found no real answer as to how to resolve the problem.
Running prelink with the '-a' or '-f' options made no difference. The
'-u' option told me:

/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/bin/less does not have .gnu.prelink_undo
section

so that didn't work. I tried forcing prelink
(/var/lib/misc/prelink.force) and running the /etc/cron.daily 'prelink'
job, but again no difference.

This is an RHEL3 system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon
Update 9) ).

Thanks,

John.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
John Horne

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 12:41 +0000, John Horne wrote:

> Prelink is giving me the following error:
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/prelink /usr/bin/less
> /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3 has dependency cycle
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Anyone know anything about this also:

sudo /usr/sbin/prelink /usr/bin/less
/usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5.4: .debug_loc adjusting
unfinished

This was on an RHEL4 system. Again, running prelink with various options
made no difference, and there seems to be very little on the 'net about
it.

Thanks,

John.