Old 11-29-2008, 03:51 PM
"Joy Methew"

Default NMAP

hello all,

can we stop scanning from nmap command?

anybody i can`t see our open ports or can`t scan from
nmap command?

can we stop nmap command from iptables?

Thanks

Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Barry Brimer

can we stop scanning from nmap command?

anybody i can`t see our open ports or can`t scan from
nmap command?

can we stop nmap command from iptables?

You need something that will be reactive to a scan. I haven't used it in
ages, but you might try portsentry
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/sentrytools>. Besides that .. you need
to have something reacts to receiving certain amounts of network traffic,
and makes a blocking decision based on that.

Barry

Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 AM
"Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues"

You can use an active IDS to stop the nmap. It is easy to deploy, take a
look at Snort. www.snort.org

[]s
Marcos