Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
shivkaran ravidas

Default Problem with accessing Pen Drive

Hello All,

I m using Red Hat Linux 9

when i am plugging In USB Pen Drive, it is not recognise.
Simply i am not able to access Pen Drive.

Please let me know how can i access USB pen Drive???

Thanks !!

Regards
Shivkaran

Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Have u seen the log files ? From dmesg command u can find out to which
device Usb device got mapped...

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

Old 11-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Also, since its RH9 need to know whether proper USB driver support is
there

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
"Geofrey Rainey"

Probably an issue with the drivers not existing in the kernel. A good
way to gather
Some forensics is going to a terminal and type:

Tail -f /var/log/messages

Then plug in the device and see if it writes anything to the messages
file. Perhaps
Paste any output here for all to see.

Regards,
Geofrey.