Old 11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
"jared davis."

Default Backup Samba config on RHEL4

I've been having a problem with winbind that is supposedly solved in the
newer versions of Samba, however the RHEL4 repository only has an old
version.

Therefore, I need to uninstall the current Samba RPMs in order to
compile/install the new source file. How do I back up my Samba config
files in order to make the transition smoothly? I've already backed
up /etc/samba.

Thanks