Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 PM
jared davis

Default winbind problem

I'm running RHEL4. I'm having a problem with winbind which I use for
authentication to Active Directory into the box.

I can run winbind and it works fine, however, after a couple weeks or
so, the server slows to a crawl, sendmail stops working, etc. When I ps
aux, winbind has spawned several winbindd processes which spikes the CPU
to 100%. I have to kill all winbind processes and restart winbind.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening? Is winbind timing out while
trying to connect to the LDAP server and spawning a new process or
something? Is there a config option I can change?

Thanks

Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
"Nabeel Moidu"

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:56 PM, jared davis <davisjar@missouri.edu> wrote:
> I'm running RHEL4. I'm having a problem with winbind which I use for
> authentication to Active Directory into the box.
>
> I can run winbind and it works fine, however, after a couple weeks or
> so, the server slows to a crawl, sendmail stops working, etc. When I ps
> aux, winbind has spawned several winbindd processes which spikes the CPU
> to 100%. I have to kill all winbind processes and restart winbind.

probably an strace on the pid of the winbindd processes might give a clue

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu