Old 10-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Troy Knabe

Default sendmail and sendmail-devel

I have compiled sendmail from source. I am working on adding a custom
milter that requires sendmail-devel, but when I try and install it, it
fails because the package sendmail is not installed. How can I work
around this so I don't over-write my custom sendmail.

Thanks for any help!
-Troy

Old 10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
"Sanjay Chakraborty"

install with --nodeps. Like rpm -ivh --nodeps package-name.
If fails use --noscripts also.

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Troy Knabe <knabe@4j.lane.edu> wrote:
> I have compiled sendmail from source. I am working on adding a custom
> milter that requires sendmail-devel, but when I try and install it, it fails
> because the package sendmail is not installed. How can I work around this
> so I don't over-write my custom sendmail.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> -Troy

Regards.
Sanjay Chakraborty

Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Scott Ruckh

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:05:01 -0400
"Sanjay Chakraborty" <sanjaychakrab@gmail.com> wrote:

> install with --nodeps. Like rpm -ivh --nodeps package-name.
> If fails use --noscripts also.
>

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Troy Knabe <knabe@4j.lane.edu>
> wrote:
> > I have compiled sendmail from source. I am working on adding a
> > custom milter that requires sendmail-devel, but when I try and
> > install it, it fails because the package sendmail is not
> > installed. How can I work around this so I don't over-write my
> > custom sendmail.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
> > -Troy

google dkim-milter and read its documentation. In there it has an
example of how to use the the sendmail milter from source code. I am
guessing whatever you are trying to accomplish, will be similar to
those build instructions.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Troy Knabe

install with --nodeps. Like rpm -ivh --nodeps package-name.

Thank you. This solved my problem. I was just trying to accomplish
it with "yum install sendmail-devel --nodeps" but that option was not
available. So I had to download it and install it this way.

Thanks again!

-Troy