Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Default Mounting HP-UX NFS shares on RHEL 5.1

Thanks for you reply.

This is from fstab on the linux box:

> UnixServer:/NFS_share /unix_mount nfs defaults 0 0

Regards,
Kenneth

Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 AM

And that works correct ?
Am assuming both are running nfs v 3
What changes maked the mount go away ?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Consider the following line taken from the HP-UX /etc/exports file:

/NFS_share -root=LinuxServer <http://a01isvl001.adeo.no/>,access=LinuxServer

This is what our HP-UX guy have set up, but it doesn't work. If we remove
the access list, so that "(everyone)" replaces the current access list, it
works fine.

It seems that the HP-UX supports both NFS version 2 and 3:

[root@LinuxServer etc]# rpcinfo -u UnixServer nfs
program 100003 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100003 version 3 ready and waiting

The same command pointed at the LinuxServer box also add version 4.