Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 AM
Yong Huang

Default Install jstat and jvmstat into Java 1.4

[A little off-topic]

I have both Redhat Linux 4 and 5, and this version of Java:

java version "1.4.2_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_14-b05)

Is it possible to install either jstat or jvmstat without installing the entire J2SE 5.0 ? These are related documents I've read:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/share/jstat.html
http://java.sun.com/performance/jvmstat/solaris.html
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/trouble/TSG-VM/html/gblfb.html

Yong Huang