Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 AM
"Mohamed Samir"

Default My network and audio cards

Hi ALL,

I purchased a new hp notebook and I installed RHEL 5.0. Unfortunately, my
network (wired and wireless) cards and the audio card are not defined.

*Network Cards:*
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100
Realtek RTL8168C/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

*Sound Card:*
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advacne

M. Samir

Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Andrey Meganov

Update to 5.2. A lot of hardware support has been introduced there.

Sent from my iPhone as I am away from office

On 05.10.2008, at 12:24, "Mohamed Samir"

Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Allen Carpenter

On Sunday 05 October 2008 02:24:04 Mohamed Samir wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I purchased a new hp notebook and I installed RHEL 5.0. Unfortunately, my
> network (wired and wireless) cards and the audio card are not defined.
>

> *Network Cards:*
> Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100
> Realtek RTL8168C/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

The realtek website has drivers for the network card that work well.
In addition to the instructions in the readme file with the driver find and
rename the r8169 driver to prevent it's trying to load again.
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5 &Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false