Old 09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Default Clustering software for RHEL 5

Hello list.

I'm in need of clustering software for doing pretty basic high availability
clustering, and have come across two candidates: Red Hat Clustering software
and heartbeat (http://www.linux-ha.org/Heartbeat).

We're not too keen on using freeware because of the lack of support, so Red
Hat Clustering software may be our best alternative. But before we decide
I'd like some input on the pros and cons of these, based on your experience.

If there are other software alternatives we should consider (that comes
with support) please feel free to write a few lines about them.

Regards,
Kenneth Holter

Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 AM

Cluetering what
The os
Mysql
Httpd ?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

For starters we are simply going to implement a floating IP on our DB2
cluster.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Them rhcluster will work just as well as ha

Keep in mind that this is only a failover solution, no load balancing at all.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:10 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Great. Thanks. I'll have a go at rhncluster and see how it works out.