Old 09-23-2008, 12:10 PM
"Erling Ringen Elvsrud"

Default Do you allocate all disk space to logical volumes during installation?

Hello list,

It is often hard to know how much space is needed for
different mount points. Increasing the size of a filesystem is commonly
described as a safer operation than reducing the size. Do you think
saving space (not absolutely needed) for later is a good idea / common practice?

It will probably cause a bit more filsystem resize (increase) operations but
flexibility will be gained and symlinking / non standard placement
of files may be avoided. A bit free space in the volume-group also gives space
to lvm-snapshots if desired.

Best regards,

Erling Ringen Elvsrud

Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

I've never set up /boot in LVM, so I've never given it much thoughts on
whether it would work or not. But this makes sense, so thanks for the
information.

We usually put / in LVM, however, and never had any problems with it. But
which issues are we likely to run into if we pub / in LVM?