FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Red Hat Linux

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Paulo Cesar Naves Mota
 
Default Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

Hello guys,

I'd like to know, what is the error is this that show me in my
/var/log/messages everyday:


[2008/09/14 06:52:24, 0] lib/util.c:smb_panic(1655)
Sep 14 06:52:24 spos1001 smbd[6104]: PANIC (pid 6104): tdb_reopen_all
failed.

Thanks for all,

Best Regards

--

Att,

Paulo César Naves Mota
Administrador de Redes
CETELEM SERVICOS DO BRASIL LTDA - SP
Av. Paulista, 1106 - 11º Andar
01310-914 - Bela Vista - São Paulo -SP
Fone:+55 11 3377-0304
e-mail: paulo.mota@cetelem.com.br
°v°
/(_)
^ ^
LinuxUser: 412359


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
"Marcos Trazzini ®"
 
Default Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

> Hello guys,
>
Hello Paulo César (and list).

> I'd like to know, what is the error is this that show me in my
> /var/log/messages everyday:
>
>
> [2008/09/14 06:52:24, 0] lib/util.c:smb_panic(1655)
> Sep 14 06:52:24 spos1001 smbd[6104]: PANIC (pid 6104): tdb_reopen_all
> failed.
>
I think I've got this error before. It basically occurs because samba
isn't gathering UDI/GID information correctly (at least was it in my
case...). Please check your LDAP client setup on this same server, and
be sure that NSS could correctly search for entries on LDAP tree (for
example, using "getent passwd someldapuser").

If it doesn't help, try to increase Samba's log verbosity and check
the logs for some more information.

Regards.

--
Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini@gmail.com

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Paulo Cesar Naves Mota
 
Default Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

Hello Trazzini,

First, thank you for your answear, I use winbind in this server
and the searching are correctly (with getent passwd, wbinfo e etc), by
the way, I'll be attention with it.

PS.: I remenber of you, I worked at unifieo, do you remember?

Thanks a lot!!!

Marcos Trazzini ® wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> Hello Paulo César (and list).
>
> > I'd like to know, what is the error is this that show me in my
> > /var/log/messages everyday:
> >
> >
> > [2008/09/14 06:52:24, 0] lib/util.c:smb_panic(1655)
> > Sep 14 06:52:24 spos1001 smbd[6104]: PANIC (pid 6104): tdb_reopen_all
> > failed.
> >
> I think I've got this error before. It basically occurs because samba
> isn't gathering UDI/GID information correctly (at least was it in my
> case...). Please check your LDAP client setup on this same server, and
> be sure that NSS could correctly search for entries on LDAP tree (for
> example, using "getent passwd someldapuser").
>
> If it doesn't help, try to increase Samba's log verbosity and check
> the logs for some more information.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini@gmail.com
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>


--

Att,

Paulo César Naves Mota
Administrador de Redes
CETELEM SERVICOS DO BRASIL LTDA - SP
Av. Paulista, 1106 - 11º Andar
01310-914 - Bela Vista - São Paulo -SP
Fone:+55 11 3377-0304
e-mail: paulo.mota@cetelem.com.br
°v°
/(_)
^ ^
LinuxUser: 412359


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
"Marcos Trazzini ®"
 
Default Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

Hi Paulo.

Of course I remember you, since the first e-mail!

Keep going on this issue, perhaps there's a problem on your smb.conf.
Have you checked it using the "testparm" command? Please send an
uncommented version of your smb.conf (TIP: "egrep '^[^;#$]'
/etc/samba/smb.conf"). Some more details about the server are welcome,
like follows:

1) Which Red Hat version are you running? (Including the platform,
like x86 or x86_64)

2) There are updates available? Don't forget (If possible, of course)
to keep the server up-to-date before asking for help

3) Check the dmesg's output for related errors

4) The server's IP configuration (you can hide "valid" IPs or parts of them)

--
Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini@gmail.com

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 09-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Paulo Cesar Naves Mota
 
Default Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

Trazzini,

In below informations, I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES
release 4 (Nahant Update 7) with kernel 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp i386,
samba-3.0.28-0.el4.9, in "dmesg" there aren't errors.
I checked on Red Hat Network and there aren't updates for him.
PS.: This server is virtualized in blade.

Thanks!

*smb.conf*
[global]
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
map to guest = Bad User
passdb backend = tdbsam
workgroup = COMPANY
security = ads
realm = COMPANY.COM.BR
domain logons = no
domain master = no
wins support = no
wins server = xx.xx.xx.xx
log level = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
idmap uid = 15000-65000
idmap gid = 15000-65000
template shell = /bin/false
winbind use default domain = yes
template homedir = /tmp/%u
winbind enum groups = no
winbind enum users = no
acl compatibility = auto

*testparm *
Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER
Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions

[global]
workgroup = COMPANY
realm = COMPANY.COM.BR
security = ADS
map to guest = Bad User
passdb backend = tdbsam
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
domain master = No
wins server = xx.xx.xx.xx
idmap uid = 15000-65000
idmap gid = 15000-65000
template homedir = /tmp/%u
winbind use default domain = Yes




Marcos Trazzini ® wrote:
>
> Hi Paulo.
>
> Of course I remember you, since the first e-mail!
>
> Keep going on this issue, perhaps there's a problem on your smb.conf.
> Have you checked it using the "testparm" command? Please send an
> uncommented version of your smb.conf (TIP: "egrep '^[^;#$]'
> /etc/samba/smb.conf"). Some more details about the server are welcome,
> like follows:
>
> 1) Which Red Hat version are you running? (Including the platform,
> like x86 or x86_64)
>
> 2) There are updates available? Don't forget (If possible, of course)
> to keep the server up-to-date before asking for help
>
> 3) Check the dmesg's output for related errors
>
> 4) The server's IP configuration (you can hide "valid" IPs or parts of
> them)
>
> --
> Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini@gmail.com
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>


--

Att,

Paulo César Naves Mota
Administrador de Redes
CETELEM SERVICOS DO BRASIL LTDA - SP
Av. Paulista, 1106 - 11º Andar
01310-914 - Bela Vista - São Paulo -SP
Fone:+55 11 3377-0304
e-mail: paulo.mota@cetelem.com.br
°v°
/(_)
^ ^
LinuxUser: 412359


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org