Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 AM
"Ken W."

Default How to block single user login?

hello,

I'm using the Linux with lilo for boot manager.
How to prevent a user from login with single user?
With grup we can setup a password for that in grub.conf.
but with lilo I don't know how to do it.
please help, thanks.

Regards,
Ken

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail

Old 09-13-2008, 08:30 AM
"Madan Thapa"

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Thomas Fess

You control the physical access to the server and change the password on any remote access ports (DRAC-5, LOM etc.) These are the only way to access single user from lilo/grub

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 AM
"Ken W."

> Refer to:
> http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Securing_LILO