Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
"debu"

Default Bus Error while rpm install

Folks,I have two doubts 1) I am getting a BUS error while trying to install rpm packages. This servers had couple of  LVM reduce/extend on /var partiotion. I suspect this might have created this issue. Any idea, if I can get rid of it somehow? or anyother experience anyone has on this?(2) if a fully allowed Sudo user does bash$ sudo su; where does the command history resides/goes? Thanks,DK

Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
"Marti, Rob"

Folks,I have two doubts 1) I am getting a BUS error while trying to install rpm packages. This servers had couple of  LVM reduce/extend on /var partiotion. I suspect this might have created this issue. Any idea, if I can get rid of it somehow? or anyother experience anyone has on this?(2) if a fully allowed Sudo user does bash$ sudo su; where does the command history resides/goes? Thanks,DK

No idea on 1, but 2 - all commands after they su to root will be in roots history.

Rob Marti
Systems Administrator
Sam Houston State University
936-294-3804 // rjm002@shsu.edu