Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Dave Martini

Default /net -hosts in /etc/auto.master

In RHEL4 does the

/net -hosts

option in the /etc/auto.master work?
I have it working on RHEL5 but can't seem to get
it on RHEL4.

I want to be able to cd to /net/"somehostname"
from my RHEL 4 box and have it automount the exported
file systems from "somehostname"

Thank You.
Dave Martini

Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 PM
"Binyon, Steve CTR USAF ACC 705 CTS/ASRCC"

I have it working on RHEL5 but can't seem to get
it on RHEL4.

I want to be able to cd to /net/"somehostname"
from my RHEL 4 box and have it automount the exported
file systems from "somehostname"

Thank You.
Dave Martini

On our RHEL 4 we use this line to automount:
/net /etc/auto.net

Which will automount /net/"somehostname" when you cd into it.

~smbinyon