Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 PM
"Tom Greaser"

Default Anyone Running Rhel 5 Advanced

Just want to verify what it shows in /etc/redhat-release

and would u also show me the output of
rpm -q --queryformat "%{VERSION}" redhat-release | more

please and thank you.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Nikolas Lam

Do you mean Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Platform?

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 16:58 -0400, Tom Greaser wrote:
> Just want to verify what it shows in /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

> and would u also show me the output of
> rpm -q --queryformat "%{VERSION}" redhat-release | more

5Server

> please and thank you.

No worries, mate.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Ryan Golhar

[golharam@cicweb1 ~]$ more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

[golharam@cicweb1 ~]$ rpm -q --queryformat "%{VERSION}" redhat-release
5Server