Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Ryan Golhar

Default Booting virtual machine in Xen from DVD ISO

I'm running RHEL5 with the Xen kernel. This box hosts multiple virtual
machines. I've always had the DVD present when building the VMs in the
past and the install initiated on its own. This time, I build the
machine, turned it off, obtained the DVD ISO, mounted the ISO, and
booted the machine, but the machine insists on booting from the
harddrive, even though its blank.

How do I force the VM to boot from the DVD ISO? When I mount the DVD
ISO, I see the dropdown box for the "Path to install media", but I'm not
using an actual DVD...

Ryan

Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 PM
"Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues"

im not sure if i understood your question...but you want to boot the VMs by
the DVD...you will need to:

disk = [ 'file:/images/image.img,ioemu:hda:w',
'file:/images/imagecd.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']

boot=d (to boot from the iso image)

boot=c(to boot from the hd)

[]s