Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
"Mad Unix"

Default mysql

I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup export Script for
Linux then import them to other server
to make them symmetric !

Thanks
--
Madunix_at_Gmail
Sysadmin

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" - Pablo Picasso
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." - Steve Wozniak

Old 09-03-2008, 11:05 AM
"David Richards"

Replication is your friend. So is google!

--
David Richards

I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup export Script for
Linux then import them to other server
to make them symmetric !

Thanks
--
Madunix_at_Gmail
Sysadmin

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" - Pablo Picasso
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." - Steve Wozniak

believed to be clean.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of this email must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company. The company does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

Registered in England No. 14 88751. Registered Offices: Eurosoft (UK) Ltd. 3 St Stephens Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6JL, UK

Old 09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Neil Marjoram

How simple do you need it? You could replicate with Mysql tools etc, or
I run a warm backup using a couple of mysql scripts. One to back it all
up, scp output to second server and do a mysql import, you need to
create the DB in mysql first.

This is the script I use :

MySQL Backup v3.1
by Peter Falkenberg Brown
peterbrown@worldcommunity.com
http://worldcommunity.com/opensource
Build Date: November 21, 2003

I am sure Google will tell you where to grab it.

Then just mysql db_name < script.sql - you probably need to add in
options for username etc...

Cron it for a delay and done!

Neil.

Mad Unix wrote:

I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup export Script for
Linux then import them to other server
to make them symmetric !

Thanks

--
Neil Marjoram
Systems Manager
Adastral Park Campus
University College London
Ross Building
Adastral Park
Martlesham Heath
Ipswich - Suffolk
IP5 3RE

Tel: 01473 663711
Fax: 01473 635199

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM
mark

Mad Unix wrote:
> I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup export Script for
> Linux then import them to other server
> to make them symmetric !

export's a std. feature. The real question is hot or cold b/u?

mark

Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
"Mad Unix"

I need to replicate MySQL DB of mulltiple server on SiteA to my DR-Site Site_B... all DB
are alocated on RHEL,SuSE,Centos,Debian, FreeBSD servers.
I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup and then import to SiteB, the replica

can be done as cold or hotbackup and cron it
Thanks

Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
John R Pierce

Mad Unix wrote:
I need to replicate MySQL DB of mulltiple server on SiteA to my
DR-Site Site_B... all DB

are alocated on RHEL,SuSE,Centos,Debian, FreeBSD servers.
I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup and then import
to SiteB, the replica

can be done as cold or hotbackup and cron it

thats nice. sounds like a reasonable task to undertake.

do you have a question?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Mad Unix <madunix@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to replicate MySQL DB of mulltiple server on SiteA to my DR-Site
> Site_B... all DB
> are alocated on RHEL,SuSE,Centos,Debian, FreeBSD servers.
> I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup and then import to
> SiteB, the replica
> can be done as cold or hotbackup and cron it
> Thanks

I'm sure there are several folks on the list who would be willing to
contract out for the creation of such a script. If you're looking for
cheaper stuff though, you might want to have a look at maatkit or
zmanda.

George Orwell

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 AM
"Mad Unix"

However, am thinking to do this script and run it on the colrintab

mysqlhotcopy --allowold --flushlog -u &lt;username> --password=&lt;password>
&lt;dbname> /var/backups/mysql/

or

/usr/bin/mysqldump -u#### -p#### --all-databases -a >
/var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql
tar cf - /var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql | gzip -c >
/misc/backups/MySQL/$(date +%Y%m%d).tar.gz

Any input about the above....

Thanks

Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
"Mad Unix"

However,* am thinking to do the following

mysqlhotcopy --allowold --flushlog -u &lt;username> --password=&lt;password> &lt;dbname> /var/backups/mysql/

or

/usr/bin/mysqldump -u#### -p#### --all-databases -a > /var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql

tar cf - /var/backups/mysql/$(date +%Y%m%d).sql | gzip -c > /misc/backups/MySQL/$(date +%Y%m%d).tar.gz

Any recommendation ,,,,,,,,

Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 AM

I've used dump and still do on a regular basis. Never failed me yet

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile