Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Ray Van Dolson

Default Red Hat EN question

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:29:43AM -0700, Scott Truitt wrote:
> Is it possible to upgrade fedora to Red Hat Enterprise? Or will I need to do
> a complete install?

You could potentially do it from something older than Fedora Core 6,
but honestly, it'll be way less work just to reinstall.

Ray

Old 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Andrew Bacchi

You'll need a complete install. There's no common upgrade path between
them.

Scott Truitt wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade fedora to Red Hat Enterprise? Or will I need to do
a complete install?

Scott

--
veritatas simplex oratio est
-Seneca

Andrew Bacchi
Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
phone: 518.276.6415 fax: 518.276.2809

http://www.rpi.edu/~bacchi/

Old 08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Thomas Fess

I agree, you don't want to have any old fedora files(rpms etc) out the messing you up. Even RHEL to RHEL upgrades don't work perfectly.