Old 08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Ray Van Dolson

Default mrepo rhnget: TypeError's

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 08:29:20AM -0700, Ben Kevan wrote:
> So I went to go run mrepo -guvv today, and I got these errors which surprised
> me:
>
> rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package ICAClient-8.0-1.RHEL_4.1.i386.rpm
> from rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
> 'NoneType' object is not callable
> rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package RealPlayer-10.0.9-2.i386.rpm from
> rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
> 'NoneType' object is not callable
>
> (quite a few more, those are just some of the packages that gave that).
>
> I haven't checked to see if the packages actually downloaded or not, but all
> the packages seem to be "proprietery" packages (ie java, ipw packages,
> acrobat etc). Has anything changed in the way rhn distributes these types of
> packages? if so, is there a way to get them to download using mrepo (this is
> me assuming they didn't download correctly.. which i'll check after downloads
> are completed)?
>
> Ben

You might try rpmforge's tools mailing list. The mrepo author is
there. I get these errors as well -- I haven't dug into them yet
however, and it often seems if I just re-run mrepo they go away.

Anyways, not too helpful I'm afraid.

Ray

Old 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Ben Kevan

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 08:32:41 am Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 08:29:20AM -0700, Ben Kevan wrote:
> > So I went to go run mrepo -guvv today, and I got these errors which
> > surprised me:
> >
> > rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package
> > ICAClient-8.0-1.RHEL_4.1.i386.rpm from rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
> > 'NoneType' object is not callable
> > rhnget: TypeError: Error downloading package RealPlayer-10.0.9-2.i386.rpm
> > from rhel-i386-as-4-extras. Skipping.
> > 'NoneType' object is not callable
> >
> > (quite a few more, those are just some of the packages that gave that).
> >
> > I haven't checked to see if the packages actually downloaded or not, but
> > all the packages seem to be "proprietery" packages (ie java, ipw
> > packages, acrobat etc). Has anything changed in the way rhn distributes
> > these types of packages? if so, is there a way to get them to download
> > using mrepo (this is me assuming they didn't download correctly.. which
> > i'll check after downloads are completed)?
> >
> > Ben
>
> You might try rpmforge's tools mailing list. The mrepo author is
> there. I get these errors as well -- I haven't dug into them yet
> however, and it often seems if I just re-run mrepo they go away.
>
> Anyways, not too helpful I'm afraid.
>
> Ray

Yeah, I have a filter that puts my rpmforge tools list in my RHEL Mailing List
Folder.. I reforwarded the email to the correct list.

Also, do you know when you started getting these messages? The packages do
seem to download, and I'll test to verify they are good.

I deleted all my packages in my mrepo folders to see what the issue was.. and
now comes the downloading for "what seems like" a hundred million packages..

Have you installed packages that had this type error? if so, were they fine?

Ben