Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
"Vivek Mangal"

Default In Squid, resolving problem

Hello All,
I configured a Squid server
i am regularly browsing web sites through this proxy server.
and in this proxy server nothing is blocked.
i made an entry at last in /etc/squid/squid.conf file
http_access allow all (To allow all web sites)

but some time clients did not browsed.
So i congiured DNS server also on this Proxy server.
and the DNS server is running properly.
but nothing happen
and i also try to resolve their ip through (on client side)
host <web site> <DNS server ip>
and it resolved.
but i can not brows that web site.
i saw this problem specially in .net / .in domains and get error like this
error: the request URL could not be retrieved.

i think i have some mistake in squid.conf file
in squid i just set port number as like
192.168.1.1:3128
and make an entry at last in file which is
http_access allow all
please tell me where i am wrong ?

--
With Regards,
Vivek Mangal

Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
"Madan Thapa"

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Vivek Mangal <vivek.mangal9685@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I configured a Squid server
> i am regularly browsing web sites through this proxy server.
> and in this proxy server nothing is blocked.
> i made an entry at last in /etc/squid/squid.conf file
> http_access allow all (To allow all web sites)
>
> but some time clients did not browsed.
> So i congiured DNS server also on this Proxy server.
> and the DNS server is running properly.
> but nothing happen
> and i also try to resolve their ip through (on client side)
> host <web site> <DNS server ip>
> and it resolved.
> but i can not brows that web site.
> i saw this problem specially in .net / .in domains and get error like this
> error: the request URL could not be retrieved.
>

> i think i have some mistake in squid.conf file
> in squid i just set port number as like
> 192.168.1.1:3128
> and make an entry at last in file which is
> http_access allow all
> please tell me where i am wrong ?

You can assign your way or just

http_port 3128

Have you tried browsing without squid. You might have a intermittent
internet connection to the squid server from your upstream provider.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
"Madan Thapa"

Old 08-26-2008, 04:17 AM
"Vivek Mangal"

Hello All,
Thanks for reply
we block all PC on firewall, So without proxy we can't browse.
and we have another squid server which is very old, and resolving all web
sites.
but my new proxy server doesn't do this
i do not know why ?
can any one tell me whats the problem ?