Old 08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Pascal Clermont

Default RedHat Samba using LDAP for access to shares.

Hi,

I have a RHEL 5.2 network Running LDAP KRB access to all my samba shares
which is working very well.
I have created a setup (IN VMs) of a Linux PXE RIS server that uses
tfpd/Samba to push all the informations/files needed for a windows XP
installation. It seems that the service requires a "null passwords =
yes" setting in samba. Now I personally am under the impression this
will bring chaos and insecurity in my samba service.

Could I have insight from anyone using this and that understand
everything this settings implies?

Pascal Serge Clermont
Administrateur Système /
System Administrator