Old 08-17-2008, 06:21 AM

Default create customised CDs of RHEL 4

Via kickstart
------Original Message------
From: Pankaj Batra
Sender: redhat-list-bounces@redhat.com
To: redhat-list@redhat.com
ReplyTo: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Sent: Aug 16, 2008 23:22
Subject: create customised CDs of RHEL 4

I have a query ...

Can anyone tell how can we create customised CDs of RHEL 4
in which we already configues the root password and particular services =
and disable ssh login for root ,etc.
This makes newer installations easiler for me.

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj Batra.
Sys Security engg..

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Old 08-18-2008, 12:53 PM
"Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues"

use kickstart to do it. You can customize your install without to create a
CD.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-kickstart2.html

[]s
Marcos

Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
"Paul M. Whitney"

Pankaj,

You can customize the a kickstart file with supporting shell scripts. Kickstart provides a mean to script pre-installation and post-installation. You can specify what applications to install and what not to install (i.e Games yes, but Chess no).

So I recommend you customize your kickstart file (ks.cfg) and then follow directions such as this web site http://www.linuxscrew.com/2007/07/31/how-to-create-custom-linux-iso-image/ to make your custom image.

Paul M. Whitney
paul.whitney@mac.com