Old 08-16-2008, 01:52 AM
"Yard, John"

Default exceed to Red Hat V3 fails after exceed upgrade

Our LAN team replaced my pc with a new one with a new version of X
server Hummingbird Connectivity 2008. I attemp to recreate my
telnet and X connectivity, and much is not working.
I am running DS 5.2 on Linux Red Hat V3.
It had a generic Linux option in creating the definition.
I have AIX boxes and telnet and X works fine.

When I create an telnet connection to my Red Hat
box , set the Display perameter, and
enter ./startconsole , the logon display loops
continually, eventally failing . The telnet font
size is extremely small when I log on. Only change
is the pc 'upgrade' .

What are the xterm parameters I can modify on the
Hummingbird Exceed xstart parameters to
correct this ?

I am dead in the water with this absurd Exceed config
issue , what do I do ?

JYard
UCLA