Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 PM
"Aaron Bliss"

Default looking for xemacs rpm for redhat 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for the xemacs rpm from a trusted source. It seems that redhat
5 doesn't ship with xemacs anymore..thanks for your help.

Aaron

Old 08-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 16:15 -0400, Aaron Bliss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for the xemacs rpm from a trusted source. It seems that redhat
> 5 doesn't ship with xemacs anymore..thanks for your help.

RH seems to be pushing people to regular emacs. I believe they are
finding upstream support for xemacs has deteriorated and emacs has
incorporated most of xemacs features.

Does anything prevent you from switching?

--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
"Aaron Bliss"

Matthew,
Thanks for the response. I actually don't use emacs. I use vi myself, but
one of the users I support would like to continue to use xemacs (the server
he was using was a solaris 10 box that had xemacs loaded).

Aaron