Old 08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Ryan Golhar

Default virtualization & memory usage

Hi,

I'm using RHEL 5 and have virtualized several machines, running either
Linux or Windows In either case, I set up the virtual machines to start
with 500 MB of RAM and expand to 2GB max. However, when I'm running the
virtual OSes, they only see 500 MB.

How do they expand to 2GB if they can only see 500 MB? Does xen
allocation them more memory on the fly?

Ryan