Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
"Madan Thapa"

Default Permission problem

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Rav <rav1709@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I am builiding a rpm and installing the rpm in a linux machine, the
> files that are part of this rpm is having permission as follows.
>
> [root@devbsc2 backup.plugins]# ls -l
> total 4
> -r--r----- 1 root root 541 Jul 28 11:56 bsc-hardening.plugin
> -r--r----- 1 root root 677 Aug 7 2008 ipaccess-base.plugin
> -r--r----- 1 root root 261 Aug 7 2008 ipaccess-common.plugin
>
> But if I build the same rpm in a different machine, then the permissions
> vary as follow.
>
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 541 Jul 28 11:56 bsc-hardening.plugin
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 677 Aug 7 2008 ipaccess-base.plugin
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 261 Aug 7 2008 ipaccess-common.plugin
>
> Could someone explain why the problem in the first machine. Any way to fix
> this. Your reply will be appreciated.
>
> ======================

What does the following show on both machines.

root@server1 [~]# umask
0022
root@server1 [~]#

Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Rav

Hi Madan,
*
In both the machines, the umask is
0022
*
Rav

Old 08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
"Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues"

Try to put the permissions on the %files

some like:

%files
%attr(0755,root,root) ipaccess-base.plugin

or
%files
%defattr(0755,root,root)

[]s,
Marcos

%files
%att4(0755,root,root) ipaccess-base.plugin

Old 03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Mahadi Hasan

I have recently installed Ubuntu 8.10. Every time I boot ubuntu I
need to mount windows drives, formatted with FAT32, manually. But I
want them to mount automatically every time I boot Ubuntu. How do I do
that?

One of the drives is only accessible by me ( I'm the administrator)
while other users don't have the permission neither to read nor write.
How do I make the drive accessible for others?
P.S. I am a novice Ubuntu user.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Mahadi Hasan <tomahadi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently installed Ubuntu 8.10. Every time *I boot ubuntu I
> need to mount windows drives, formatted with FAT32, manually. But I
> want them to mount automatically every time I boot Ubuntu. How do I do
> that?

echo "/dev/your-parition /your-mount-point vfat defaults 0 0" | sudo
tee -a /etc/fstab

> One of the drives is only accessible by me ( I'm the administrator)
> while other users don't have the permission neither to read nor write.
> How do I make the drive accessible for others?

Is this the same drive you describe above?

You could create a group, add the users to that group and finally
mount the drive with permissions for the group:

sudo groupadd canseedrive
sudo gpasswd -a user1 canseedrive
sudo gpaaswd -a user2 canseedrive
sudo gpasswd -a user3 canseedrive
sudo mount -o devgid=canseedrive,devmode=0660 -t vfat /dev/partition
/mount-point

Note that f you want to mount on boot, you should replace "defaults"
with "devgid=....." in the fstab line I wrote above.

HTH,
Norberto