Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Rav

Default Permission problem

Hi,
*
When I*am builiding a rpm and installing the rpm in a linux machine, the files that are part of this rpm is having permission as follows.
*
[root@devbsc2 backup.plugins]# ls -l
total 4
-r--r-----* 1 root root* 541 Jul 28 11:56 bsc-hardening.plugin
-r--r-----* 1 root root* 677 Aug* 7* 2008 ipaccess-base.plugin
-r--r-----* 1 root root* 261 Aug* 7* 2008 ipaccess-common.plugin
*
But if I build the same rpm in a different machine, then the permissions vary as follow.
*
-r--r--r--* 1 root root* 541 Jul 28 11:56 bsc-hardening.plugin
-r--r--r--* 1 root root* 677 Aug* 7* 2008 ipaccess-base.plugin
-r--r--r--* 1 root root* 261 Aug* 7* 2008 ipaccess-common.plugin
*
Could someone explain why the problem in the first machine. Any way to fix this. Your reply will be appreciated.
*
Regds,
Rav

*