Old 07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
"Caetano, Greg"

Default /tmp directory mode

I needed to recreate the /tmp directory on one of my systems.
I used "mkdir -m 1777 /tmp" but when I try to run a utility like mkinitrd I get an error message that reads:

"cannot make temp dir /tmp/initrd.Jm5472: No space left on device"

There is only one partition / on the spindle and df -h reports "4.6G available"

Thanks
Greg

Greg Caetano
Chicago, IL

Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:42:12 +0000, Caetano, Greg wrote:

> I needed to recreate the /tmp directory on one of my systems.
> I used "mkdir -m 1777 /tmp" but when I try to run a utility like mkinitrd I get an error message that reads:
>
> "cannot make temp dir /tmp/initrd.Jm5472: No space left on device"
>
> There is only one partition / on the spindle and df -h reports "4.6G available"

What does "df -i" print?