Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Ryan Golhar

Default text console not available?

I'm running RHEL 5 on a Dell GX270 Optiplex. I get the graphical login
console, however if I switch to a text console using Ctrl+F1 or Ctrl+F2,
etc, I only see a cursor and no log in.

If I hit enter, the cursor moves a few lines down but the login prompt
never displays, the cursor is not in the leftmost position, so it looks
like the login prompt is black on black.

This is a clean install, so I'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone
else seen this?

Ryan

Old 07-26-2008, 08:09 PM
"Sanjay Chakraborty"

Press Alt+Ctrl + F key.

2008/7/25 Ryan Golhar <golharam@umdnj.edu>:
> I'm running RHEL 5 on a Dell GX270 Optiplex. I get the graphical login
> console, however if I switch to a text console using Ctrl+F1 or Ctrl+F2,
> etc, I only see a cursor and no log in.
>
> If I hit enter, the cursor moves a few lines down but the login prompt never
> displays, the cursor is not in the leftmost position, so it looks like the
> login prompt is black on black.
>
> This is a clean install, so I'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone else
> seen this?
>
> Ryan

Regards.
Sanjay Chakraborty