Old 07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Larry D Sorensen

Default cpu boot information

Where can I find information on my cpu such as the number of cores, etc.?
I looked at dmesg and could not find anything definitive. I am running
32bit and I want to see if the cpu is a 64bit cpu also. I am running
RedHat 5.

Larry

Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
"Chet Nichols III"

look in /proc/cpuinfo

you can also use dmidecode - if its not installed, it should be in the
kernel-utils rpm. it's also really handy for checking out hardware info.
you'll need to run it via sudo.

note that if hyperthreading is enabled (you'll see an 'ht' in the cpu flags
section), you'll see 2x the number of cpus, since enabling hyperthreading
makes a single cpu show up as 2 cpus under linux.

chet

Old 07-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Chaim Rieger

Larry D Sorensen wrote:

Where can I find information on my cpu such as the number of cores, etc.?
I looked at dmesg and could not find anything definitive. I am running
32bit and I want to see if the cpu is a 64bit cpu also. I am running
RedHat 5.

Larry
Compare Cell Phone Carriers- Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oHH6edutT21I4UReOv9aBvNvM21SyxbrrCD5bW4Ym4F QWIe/

perhaps i musunderstood your request but here goes
cat /proc/cpuinfo (or something along those lines)
dmesg provides number of cpus (unless you hyperthread)
turn on snmp, will get a boat load of info

Chaim Rieger