Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
"sunhux G"

Default "top" to find out which process chews most memory (memory leakage?)

Thanks guys.

"free -m" showed :
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 8113 8023 90 0 98 6545
-/+ buffers/cache: 1380 6733
Swap: 8189 289 7899

So, the free column under buffers is 6733 - is this healthy?

If I tried to run sysstat, I'll get a message :
-bash: /etc/sysconfig/sysstat: Permission denied

./etc/rc.d/init.d/sysstat
./etc/cron.d-preCIS/sysstat
./etc/cron.d/sysstat
./etc/sysconfig/sysstat

Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 11:55 AM
"Mike Zupan"

sysstat doesn't come with redhat

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/

As for the free -m .. yes you are fine.. it shows you have 6.7 gigs of free
RAM out of 8gigs

Old 07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
inode0

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Mike Zupan <hijinks@gmail.com> wrote:
> sysstat doesn't come with redhat

sysstat comes with RHEL and older versions of RHL.

John

Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 PM
"Nabeel Moidu"

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM, sunhux G <sunhux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to run "top" such that it sorts by memory
> usage as "free -m" showed very little memory left (3.4Mb)
> ever since the outsourced developer installed Oracle sso.

top ->F->n

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu