Old 07-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Chaim Rieger

Default FTP

Joy Methew wrote:

# vi /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
# no_anon_password=no
restart vsftpd
but it`s nt working

is there a # in front of "no_anon_password=no" ?

oh and please trim your replies, and try not to top post.

thanx

Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 AM
"Joy Methew"

no # in not front of "no_anon_password=no"

Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Chaim Rieger

Joy Methew wrote:

no # in not front of "no_anon_password=no"

can you please post the full config file

Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 AM
"Joy Methew"

ya sure.....

# Example config file /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
#
# The default compiled in settings are fairly paranoid. This sample file
# loosens things up a bit, to make the ftp daemon more usable.
# Please see vsftpd.conf.5 for all compiled in defaults.
#
# READ THIS: This example file is NOT an exhaustive list of vsftpd options.
# Please read the vsftpd.conf.5 manual page to get a full idea of vsftpd's
# capabilities.
#
# Allow anonymous FTP? (Beware - allowed by default if you comment this
out).
anonymous_enable=YES
#
# Uncomment this to allow local users to log in.
local_enable=YES
#
# Uncomment this to enable any form of FTP write command.
write_enable=YES
#
# Default umask for local users is 077. You may wish to change this to 022,
# if your users expect that (022 is used by most other ftpd's)
local_umask=022
#
# Uncomment this to allow the anonymous FTP user to upload files. This only
# has an effect if the above global write enable is activated. Also, you
will
# obviously need to create a directory writable by the FTP user.
anon_upload_enable=YES
no_anon_password=no
#
# Uncomment this if you want the anonymous FTP user to be able to create
# new directories.
anon_mkdir_write_enable=YES
#
# Activate directory messages - messages given to remote users when they
# go into a certain directory.
dirmessage_enable=YES
#
# Activate logging of uploads/downloads.
xferlog_enable=YES
#
# Make sure PORT transfer connections originate from port 20 (ftp-data).
connect_from_port_20=YES
#
# If you want, you can arrange for uploaded anonymous files to be owned by
# a different user. Note! Using "root" for uploaded files is not
# recommended!
#chown_uploads=YES
#chown_username=whoever
#
# You may override where the log file goes if you like. The default is shown
# below.
xferlog_file=/var/log/vsftpd.log
#
# If you want, you can have your log file in standard ftpd xferlog format
xferlog_std_format=YES
#
# You may change the default value for timing out an idle session.
#idle_session_timeout=600
#
# You may change the default value for timing out a data connection.
#data_connection_timeout=120
#
# It is recommended that you define on your system a unique user which the
# ftp server can use as a totally isolated and unprivileged user.
#nopriv_user=ftpsecure
#
# Enable this and the server will recognise asynchronous ABOR requests. Not
# recommended for security (the code is non-trivial). Not enabling it,
# however, may confuse older FTP clients.
#async_abor_enable=YES
#
# By default the server will pretend to allow ASCII mode but in fact ignore
# the request. Turn on the below options to have the server actually do
ASCII
# mangling on files when in ASCII mode.
# Beware that on some FTP servers, ASCII support allows a denial of service
# attack (DoS) via the command "SIZE /big/file" in ASCII mode. vsftpd
# predicted this attack and has always been safe, reporting the size of the
# raw file.
# ASCII mangling is a horrible feature of the protocol.
#ascii_upload_enable=YES
#ascii_download_enable=YES
#
# You may fully customise the login banner string:
#ftpd_banner=Welcome to FTP service.
#
# You may specify a file of disallowed anonymous e-mail addresses.
Apparently
# useful for combatting certain DoS attacks.
#deny_email_enable=YES
# (default follows)
#banned_email_file=/etc/vsftpd/banned_emails
#
# You may specify an explicit list of local users to chroot() to their home
# directory. If chroot_local_user is YES, then this list becomes a list of
# users to NOT chroot().
#chroot_local_user=YES
chroot_list_enable=YES
# (default follows)
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd/chroot_list
#
# You may activate the "-R" option to the builtin ls. This is disabled by
# default to avoid remote users being able to cause excessive I/O on large
# sites. However, some broken FTP clients such as "ncftp" and "mirror"
assume
# the presence of the "-R" option, so there is a strong case for enabling
it.
#ls_recurse_enable=YES
#
# When "listen" directive is enabled, vsftpd runs in standalone mode and
# listens on IPv4 sockets. This directive cannot be used in conjunction
# with the listen_ipv6 directive.
listen=YES
#
# This directive enables listening on IPv6 sockets. To listen on IPv4 and
IPv6
# sockets, you must run two copies of vsftpd whith two configuration files.
# Make sure, that one of the listen options is commented !!
#listen_ipv6=YES

pam_service_name=vsftpd
userlist_enable=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES

Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 AM

Is selinx enabled ?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 AM
"Joy Methew"

disable

Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 AM
"Joy Methew"

no_anon_password=no
is enough option???

Old 07-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Chaim Rieger

Joy Methew wrote:

i know i should supply password.

i wann ask how i give password to ftp user

#passwd ftp

is it write??

i suggest that you read the manual

beginners guide to ftp

i refuse to answer that question based on principal
it shows that you have no desire to do any research whatsoever.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:38:50 +0530, Joy Methew wrote:

> # vi /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
> # no_anon_password=no
> restart vsftpd
> but it`s nt working

Okay. That option doesn't do what you think it does. It defaults to NO
already, so setting it to NO doesn't make a change. If you set it to YES,
the anonymous user need not send a PASS command at all.

You asked the following (with a missing question mark)

> can we give password to *ANONYMOUS user in vsftpd.

which doesn't match your configuration steps. Perhaps it's time for
you to show that you understand Anonymous FTP. Then it might become
clear where you see a problem in configuring your system.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 AM
akinbiyi apara

pls guide*me on how to configure sendmail & fetchmail*on fedora os of linux box*

AKINBIYI* O. APARA
07030644625,08055773708,08024581242
*