Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 PM

Default ufs mount, won't mount

Didja export on the other side ?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Paula J. Lindsay" <paula@scripps.edu>

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:17:32
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list<redhat-list@redhat.com>
Subject: ufs mount, won't mount

Hi everyone,
Once again I need your help. I'm trying to mount a solaris box to my
RH5 box. This is what I get:

machine:/v
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on automount(pid4349),
missing codepage or other error
dmesg | tail or so
or
machine/# mount /v
mount: home:/v failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

I looked in the message logs on both machines and I do not see any
errors. This is what my /etc/fstab looks like:
/dev/sda2 / xfs defaults 1 1
/dev/sda1 swap swap defaults 0 0
#/dev/sdc1 /raid_old xfs defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /raid1 xfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
home:/v /v nfs defaults 0 0

where home is the machine I am trying to mount. I have also tried by
changing the nfs to ufs. I need to do this tomorrow morning.
I'm beginning to panic. Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly
appreciate.
Thank you,
Paula

--
Paula J. Lindsay
IT Analyst III

Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 PM
"Steven Kalisky"

Have you tried the FDQN? Are all the necessary rpc process and nfs
process running?

Steven Kalisky
OS Unix Engineering
Cell: 541 868 7247
Office: 541 335 5908
steven_kalisky@symantec.com

Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
"Hari N"

Paula,

Is your RH5 box recognizing this partition as "home:/v ? Did you try dmesg
command to see what this solaris partition is detected as on your RH box?
This should help you change your entry in /etc/fstab.

If you know the exact device name assigned for this partition on your RH5,
you could test this on the command line itself by using the mount command:

*mount -t* fstype device directory

Hari