Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
"Paula J. Lindsay"

Default ufs mount, won't mount

Hi everyone,
Once again I need your help. I'm trying to mount a solaris box to my
RH5 box. This is what I get:

machine:/v
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on automount(pid4349),
missing codepage or other error
dmesg | tail or so
or
machine/# mount /v
mount: home:/v failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

I looked in the message logs on both machines and I do not see any
errors. This is what my /etc/fstab looks like:

/dev/sda2 / xfs defaults 1 1
/dev/sda1 swap swap defaults 0 0
#/dev/sdc1 /raid_old xfs defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /raid1 xfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
home:/v /v nfs defaults 0 0

where home is the machine I am trying to mount. I have also tried by
changing the nfs to ufs. I need to do this tomorrow morning.
I'm beginning to panic. Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly
appreciate.

Thank you,
Paula

--