Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM

Default Looking for help with rss & perl

More scripting than directly related to this group, but....

I found a tiny perl script that checks to see if the file is "well-formed"/syntactically correct. It found one bug, and I fixed that. So it reports it's a-ok.

Then I run the actual scraper, and it complains of a non-well-formed token. If this thing is only reading the .rss file, it's pointing to a line *far* beyond EOF. If it's actually reading the .rss file, and then trying to parse the URLs that the .rss points to, it's less clear than mud.

This is the only message I get back. I'm using XML::RSS:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1257, column 21, byte 30778 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm line 187

Any ideas?

mark