Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 AM
ammad shah

Default Backkup solution

Dear All, I want to know the backup solution for small office/home office (60-200 nodes). i want to move the backup weekly to Disaster recovery site. should i select Tape backup or Disk backup?
What is cost effective solution (price and brand(ibm/hp/dell/......) . i have multiple Virtual Machines(VMware Server) and two File and print servers. Any suggesstions thanks. M. Ammad Shah

Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 AM

Tape
There are many choices, ask more specific and will give you my feedback

I do snapshot local
Snapvault to nearline
Then to tape
Tape goes off site
I keed 48 hours worth of snapshots
7 days worth or snapvault
Tape for 7 years

Dear All=2C I want to know the backup solution for small office/home office=
(60-200 nodes). i want to move the backup weekly to Disaster recovery site=
. should i select Tape backup or Disk backup?
What is cost effective solution (price and brand(ibm/hp/dell/......) . i ha=
ve multiple Virtual Machines(VMware Server) and two File and print servers.=
Any suggesstions thanks. M. Ammad Shah

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 AM
"Daniel Carrillo"

2008/7/15 ammad shah <mammadshah@hotmail.com>:

> Dear All, I want to know the backup solution for small office/home office (60-200 nodes). i want to move the backup weekly to Disaster recovery site. should i select Tape backup or Disk backup?
> What is cost effective solution (price and brand(ibm/hp/dell/......) . i have multiple Virtual Machines(VMware Server) and two File and print servers. Any suggesstions thanks. M. Ammad Shah

Hi.

Two well known solutions are, http://www.amanda.org/ and
http://www.bacula.org/. In my opinion, the second is a best choice.
For hardware, I suggest one backup server with www.dell.com/RD1000
solution, for a office is better solution than tape, with more
flexibility.

BR.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
"Jai Rangi"

For tape library exabyte is nice too. Will cost around 4 grand
Jai